2011-02-19

Thee Oh Sees - 2010-07-01 - Eagle Tavern SF


The final 2010 performance I have of Thee Oh Sees.
 
Enter one of the most exciting bands around, and my first personal exposure to the fabtastic Thee Oh Sees.  Prior to this I have not been much of a garage fan (the joke was that the "b" is silent), but I am now...the only thing silent now is any criticism about just going out and having a slamming good time listening to some good old rock n' roll.

I have no idea why I haven't put this up until now, at the time I was so blown away by the subsequent Serra Bowl show that I hadn't given this show the attention it deserved.  The first seven songs provided one hell of a wallop...only the relatively slower-tempoed 'Crack In Your Eye' in the set to provide a bit of release for the garage onslaught.

Recorded with dual Edirols R-09HR and Sonic Studio DSM mics. 

The video linked below will give you a good idea of the sheer energy one of their shows produces, and the Eagle Tavern is about as good a place to see them as you could come up with.  It's the kind of place where you have to go through the stage to get to the bathroom.

Setlist: 

Tidal Wave
Block Of Ice
Contraption
Ghost In The Trees
Enemy Destruct
Meat Step Lively
I Was Denied
Crack In Your Eye
Mega-Feast
 


Audio, on Megaupload:

[link online, please request]


                     

Video, on YouTube:




2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this recording! I love the these guys every time I see them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you thank you thank you. more Oh Sees live recordings need to exist in this world.

    ReplyDelete